Fire Cupping is an ancient Chinese method of causing local congestion. A partial vacuum is created in cups placed on the skin either by means of heat or suction. This draws up the underlying tissues. When the cup is left in place on the skin for a few minutes, blood stasis is formed and localized healing takes place.
The basic concept behind cupping is suction. There are two methods by which cupping is performed.
The traditional method is administered by taking a glass cup or jar containing a cotton ball swabbed with alcohol. The cotton ball is then ignited. After the cotton ball has been removed, the cup is then placed at a specific location on the patient’s skin. Because of the vacuum created inside the cup, the patient’s skin then rises up inside the cup and blood flow rushes to the area. This method is known as “Fire Cupping”. Practitioners believe it to be the more effective method. Other practitioners prefer to use the plastic suction cup method. In place of the flame, air is suctioned from the cup manually after the cup is placed on the skin of the patient.
Cupping has also been found to affect the body up to four inches into the tissues, causing tissues to release toxins, activate the lymphatic system, clear colon blockages, help activate and clear the veins, arteries and capillaries, activate the skin, clear stretch marks and improve varicose veins. Cupping is the best deep tissue massage available. Cupping, the technique, is very useful and very safe and can be easily learned and incorporated into your family health practices.
* Improvement of circulatory function.
* Regulating & betterment of automatic nervous system.
* Removal of pain.
* Relaxation of stiff muscles& tendons.
* Facilitates the flow of the lymph.
* Improves the flow of Blood within the joints.
* Improves the secretion of the Digestive fluids.
* The most dramatic effect is upon the skin & the body fluid flow in the arteries & veins increases, Thus resulting into detoxification.
* Helps open up the chest & benefits the lungs, therefore useful in respiratory problem.s